Guiding You Through The Legal Aspects Of Adoption
Adding to your family through adoption is a time of celebration. However, the legal steps involved in Michigan adoptions can be cumbersome and complex. The family law attorneys at Stark Reagan PC in Troy provide the experience and caring approach to the legal aspects of adoption that help ensure the process is completed as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
We assist both adoptive parents and expecting mothers who wish to create an adoption plan for their baby. Individuals who wish to adopt in Michigan have several options. We help clients with a wide range of adoptions, including:
- Direct placement adoption — Often referred to as “private adoptions,” this process allows the birth parent to select the prospective adoptive parents
- Interstate adoption — Adopting a child who is born in a different state or making a child born in Michigan available for adoption to someone in another state is governed by specific laws. We will help ensure you are compliant with all necessary steps.
- Stepparent and relative adoption — A stepparent adoption requires the consent of the noncustodial parent or terminating the rights of the noncustodial parent. Relative adoptions may involve grandparents, aunts, uncles or cousins.
- Foster parent adoption — Many foster care situations turn into loving permanent relationships. We will ensure your foster parent adoption goes smoothly.
- International adoption — Adopting a child from a different country requires close attention to that country’s adoption laws.
Legal Strategies Tailored To Your Needs
We provide a level of personal attention that is critical and greatly appreciated by our adoption clients. Our lawyers make themselves available to answer questions and provide guidance.
We welcome the opportunity to answer your questions regarding adoption and help you complete the process. Call 248-641-9955 or use our online contact form to schedule a meeting with one of our knowledgeable adoption lawyers.