Michael H. Whiting
MICHAEL H. WHITING received his Bachelors in Business Administration from the University of Notre Dame in 1968 and his Juris Doctor magna cum laude from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law in 1971.
Mr. Whiting is a founding member of the firm. His practice involves the resolution of business disputes by litigation, ADR and private negotiation. Over the years, Mr. Whiting's practice has focused on construction disputes, architect-engineer liability and complex insurance coverage cases. His clients include developers, construction contractors, subcontractors, engineers, material suppliers, insurance companies, and insurance agencies.
Mr. Whiting is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell. He is a member of the Detroit, Oakland County and American Bar Associations. He is admitted to practice in the Michigan state courts, the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States Supreme Court.
- Michigan, 1971
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan, 1973
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1983
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1990
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Detroit, Michigan
- Doctor of Jurisprudence - 00/1971
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Blue Key
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana
- B.B.A. - 00/1968
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Detroit Bar Association, Member
- Oakland County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of Michigan, Member
- Delta Theta Phi